Polish Golf Day
Golf – In Poland it still is a little known sport, but worldwide this Olympic Sport is one of the most popular not only among people playing it, but also among the spectators. It is estimated that almost 60 million people on six continents play it.
The Polish Golf Union, starting in 2012, runs a promotional activity nationwide – the Nationwide Golf Day. This event is run in cooperation with the PGA-Poland and the golf facilities in all of Poland, where entry that day is free.
More information on the cooperating facilities in the official service of the project – www.dziengolfa.pl
- On May 27, the seventh edition of the National Golf Day took place on over 30 golf facilities in Poland. For the next year in a row the number of visitors, on which numerous attractions were waiting, was estimated at 4156 people.
- On selected facilities during the golf academy several competitions with valuable prizes were organized, including cosmetic sets funded by Dr Irena Eris, passes for the Driving Range and discounts on Green Card courses.
- The co-organizer of the event was PGA Polska, and partners: Citi Handlowy, Audi, Dr Irena Eris Cosmetics Laboratory and Golf Channel Polska.
- The 6th edition of the Polish National Golf Day was held on 28 May 2017. More than 40 golf facilities have entered the festival throughout the country. The number of guests arrived was estimated at 4873 people. For those willing to try their hand with a golf club, among others free lessons, competitions and show wells.
- Katarzyna Selwent, an award-winning Polish golfer, Polish Women’s Champion (2016), Polish Match Play Champion (2015, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009), Polish Junior Champion (2011, 2010, 2009), promoted the event.
- The event’s partners were: Citi Handlowy, Audi and Golf Channel Polska.
- The fifth edition of the National Day Golf was held on 22 May 2016 on almost 50 golf facilities throughout the country. For guests and visitors were waiting, among others, free lessons, competitions and holes demonstration. The number of people that first come into contact with the sport estimated at over 4100.
- „Face” event was Katarzyna Kaźmierczyk – golf referee, model, producer of sportswear. Currently living in the United States Kasia develop her passion and love for golf. National Day Golf 2016 was present in the national media, including TVN24, Polsat News, TVP regional and Radio ZET.
- Partners of the event were: Citi Handlowy, Audi, LOTOS, Microsoft Surface and Cosmetics Laboratory Dr Irena Eris.
Report from the Nationwide Golf Day 2015
- The National Day of Golf was held for the fourth time, on May 24 2015 across the country. The event was attended by close to 40 golf facilities offering all kinds of attractions for the ‚uninitiated’, whose number is estimated at more than 4,200.
- That year, the face of the event was Zuzanna Gazdowska. The event was present in the national media, including TVN24 and Radio ZET, where journalists and invited celebrities encouraged and persuaded to tłumnego arrival at the golf course across the Polish.
- Partners of the event were Citi, BMW, LOTOS and Dr. Irena Eris.
- On May 25-26 2013, Nationwide Golf Days were held. Golf facilities throughout the country offered free golf lessons and other attractions directed at entire families. Supporting partners for the event Poland Plays Golf organized by the service Sport.pl In cooperation with the PGU were: BMW, Citi Handlowy & LOTOS.
- On Sunday, May 25th 2014, all interested could see what golf really is. 45 golf facilities participated in this, third edition of the event and thanks to the perfect weather, some 3,200 people could take their first steps in this beautiful game. Martyna Mierzwa, best Polish lady golfer, was the face of the event and Citi Handlowy and BMW were the supporting partners.
- It was also supported by Mateusz Kusznierewicz, Olympic sailing Champion and a golfer. “Let’s start with May 25th! Everybody should come and see for themselves how great golf is. Everyone has this opportunity during the Nationwide Golf Day” – he invited during a press conference opening the golfing season.
- The event was a continuation of the Nationwide Golf Day 2012. On May 27th of that year over three thousand people had their first contact with this Olympic sport. This event was held at 47 golf facilities in all of Poland.
- More information about golf for the beginners can be found in the Internet service Poland Plays Golf: polskagrawgolfa.sport.pl